Guiding Principles & Methodology
In the Grammar School, students in PreSchool–Grade 4 attend classes on campus two days per week (M/W or Tu/Th), with an optional Friday. Beginning in the School of Logic, students in Grades 5–7 attend classes on campus three days per week (M/W/F), with 8th Graders adding a half day of T/Th classes to their schedule. By the time students are in the School of Rhetoric and in Grades 9–12, they attend school five days per week. This university-style schedule gradually prepares and releases students towards age-appropriate independence and organization, with professional teachers providing instruction in their area of expertise in the classroom.
On days that students are not attending classes on campus, they are continuing their learning at home with a parent. Veritas teachers provide parents with detailed lesson plans and instructions for days spent at home. Parents need not have teaching experience, but must commit the time to actively engage, direct, instruct, and mentor their students.
- Veritas Academy is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization incorporated in the state of Texas.
- Veritas Academy is independently operated and governed (not church-affiliated).
- Veritas Academy is a non-denominatinal Christian school and ministry to Christian families.
- Veritas Academy is accredited by Cognia (formerly AdvancEd): Southern Association of Colleges and Schools / Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI).
- University Model Schools International (UMSI/NAUMS)
- Society for Classical Learning (SCL)
- Association of Classical Chapter Schools (ACCS)
- National (& Texas) Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC | TACAC)
- Association of College Counselors in Independent Schools (ACCIS)
- Private Schools Interscholastic Association (PSIA)
- Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS)
- Capital Area Private and Parochial Schools (CAPPS)