Fall 2021 Scripture Memory
Each semester, our students throughout all school levels memorize a passage of scripture. This fall, students will be memorizing Psalm 139:7-16 and Isaiah 53: 1-7 from the English Standard Version (ESV) during the Fall Semester. The goal of this exercise is to hide God’s word in our hearts, reflect upon these truths, and converse among our families. Perhaps this could be the content of bedtime discussion or dinner time as a family.
- Discuss the word “omnipresence.” What does that mean for us, knowing that God is omnipresent?
- The right hand of God is often used in scripture to suggest His power and protection. How should we feel knowing His “right hand” holds us?
- When are important times for you to remember this?
- Look up the word “intricate.”
- Knowing that you were “intricately woven,” what does this reveal about how you were created?
- Are there things you wish were different about you?
- According to this verse, did God make any mistakes when he made you?
- How does He feel about what you think are “mistakes?”